November 22nd 2022:
Have you ever had your fur baby experience an unexplained bout of loose stool or vomiting ?
You may want to check your pet food storage methods.
Poor pet food storage can be the cause of these issues, as bacteria or spoilage can occur if we’re not being careful how and where we store our pet’s food.
We all love our fur babies, and as pet parents, we want to make sure that they are well-fed and healthy. With that comes the need for the correct pet food storage.
This article is for busy paw parents who need fast and easy tips to properly store their pet food so that it stays fresh and nutritious for your fur buddy as well as
to avoid spoilage and wastage..
How do I correctly Store Dry Pet Food?
The rule of thumb with storing dry pet food is to ensure that it is stored in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and heat.
Dry pet food storage tips
- It is best to make sure the food is stored in its original packaging.
When you need to decant into an airtight container, do not mix it with different bags of pet food. This is because you might not know how long some of the food has been sitting there.
- Keep the original packaging of the pet food as you might need it for reference to check the expiration dates of dry pet food to ensure your pet stays healthy.
- Storage bags should always be sealed. The top of the bag can be rolled and closed with a clip if the bag cannot be resealed.
Wet pet food storage tips
- Wet food should be stored in a cool, dry place
- Refrigerate open wet food. Store remaining food in an airtight container if you haven’t used it all. You can use a plastic container with an airtight lid, to store it in the fridge.
- Wet food should not be left out in the open for more than 4 hours.
In conclusion we have established that properly storing pet food is important to keep your furry friend healthy and safe. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your pet’s food will stay fresh and delicious.